Pre-order Brutal Nature today for only $20 $10! that is 50% off the release price so get it now before it is too late!
The lead developer is working full time on this game and pre-orders are his only source of income.
Currently, you can download a free to play alpha of Brutal Nature. New versions are released every 2 to 4 weeks with new features and content so check back often. For currently supported features check out our information page!
- Video: DirectX 10 capable video card with 512MB Video RAM
- Operating System Supported: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- RAM: 1GB or greater
Current Version: 0.37
February 19th, 0.37 is now released:
- Fixed all known bugs
- Added voiced tutorial.
- Added quest menu
- Added another in game tutorial quest: Basic Crafting
- Added description to quests.
- Added weight/encumbrance to ammo.
- Added ammo count post fix to ammo categories.
- Added accepted quest callbacks
- Added some more quest callbacks to further flesh out the tutorial.
- Added recording of in game chat to server log.
- Added script callbacks for when a sound was done playing client side.
- Added better error logging to the sound system.
- Added check where if client simulates an object moving, it will request a position update for the object from the server if it does not get one soon afterwards. This prevents objects ending up in the wrong location on the client.
- Expanded descriptions of various materials to include what they are used for and where to make them.
- Increased small bonfire fuel capacity to 250 so it can convert a full load of coal using coal for fuel.
- Changed encumbrance display text to better fit at 720p.
- Changed edit boxes to fit text in 720p resolution a little better.
- Changed text position on tree control.
- Removed "Party" heading text from Party menu as it was left over from when the party menu was separate.
- Removed 12pt font as it was rendering poorly.
- Reduced initial shotgun shell count from 300 to 200 and hook count from 400 to 200.
- Reduced heat needed for refining copper oxide to copper by 25% to 75.
- Reduced amount of copper oxide needed to make copper to 1.5 from 2.0.
- Moved objects up slightly when being dropped by player so they won't fall into the world.
- Moved most text in 720p mode moved over and down one pixel to better correspond with 1080p position.
- Fixed text spacing bug in 720p resolution in crafting menu.
- Fixed bug where client crashes when attempting to change the ammo of a melee weapon
- Fixed empty ammo cases and case dies to have a category in the inventory menu.
- Fixed bug where some weapons had the wrong reload sound.
- Fixed crash when dropping ammo.
- Fixed crash when pressing hotkeys while the game was loading.
- Fixed bug in line wrap function to preserve color.
- Fixed bug where leaving tab with drop sub menu open causes keyboard to be non responsive.
- Fixed \ key not working in chat.
- Fixed bug in authorization server.
- Fixed some bugs relating to how quests where being stored.
- Fixed crash when client received some callbacks during initialization.
- Fixed bug where some quest callbacks where not being sent when user logs back in.
- Fixed when opening inventory and crafting tab is loaded crafting tab open callback was not called.
- Fixed bug where clicking drop button twice without closing drop menu causes things to not respond to mouse clicks.
January 30th, 0.36 is now released:
- Fixed all known bugs
- Added 5 new materials.
- Added chemistry recipes at the table for the new materials.
- Added copper, iron, steel and HSS swords. Now 80 weapons total.
- Added melee weapon specs to help menus.
- Added 'tick' sound when console text appears.
- Added pickup sound when picking up object from smelter menu.
- Added sound for dropping objects.
- Added new 'Endurance' effect for food.
- Added a readout to tell you how much of each fuel a recipe would need.
- Added indicator when you can't use a fuel for a recipe due to fuel quality.
- Added encumbrance readout text to the inventory menu.
- Added Small beehive oven.
- Added map import scaling on server side so map files could be stored in a 0 to 1 scale on disk for ease of editing.
- Added new variables for explosive ammo to better control its range and damage.
- Added particle size randomness settings to particle system.
- Added explosive ammo stats to help menu.
- Added initial weapon hotkeys for new users.
- Added debris when you shoot rocks
- Added recipe to make coke and coal tar from bituminous coal at the beehive oven.
- Added feedback to Rainforge to tell you when its done eroding a landscape.
- Added 2 new shaders to Rainforge: Render preview and Color swap.
- Added resolution settings for Rainforge to generate other size maps.
- Added Beehive oven coke and charcoal recipes that are more efficient then using a bonfire.
- Added melee attack support. Now all the pickaxes can be used as melee weapons.
- Added dds texture exporter for Rainforge.
- Added cone particle systems.
- Changed the rock and soil and water impact effects. Now much higher quality.
- Changed Mushrooms to damage health but increase endurance for 50 seconds.
- Changed Beehive oven recipe to require more granite and use alumina instead of marble.
- Changed large forge to require less alumina and mortar.
- Changed the region distortion noise to load from a 256x256 8bit DDS file.
- Changed server to load .dds files for height map, sediment map and water map for world generation.
- Changed explosion particle effect to better respond to size the explosion.
- Changed Charcoal and coke recipes to require a small amount of fuel to heat the charge.
- Changed sound of 7.62x39mm weapons so that each shot was more distinctive and less of a drone.
- Changed sound of .44 magnum weapons to 48khz sample rate and removed short delay at start of sound.
- Changed the terrain generator algorithm to produce more interesting separations between regions.
- Changed Rainforge to stop processing once files have been exported.
- Increased the fuel value of coal in the game to 0.8 for bituminous and 0.9 for anthracite to better reflect real life fuel values.
- Increased the fuel needed to smelt Wolframite to Tungsten to 200%.
- Lowered terrain damage from non explosive weapons.
- Moved recipe Roast Covellite, Recover Sulfuric Acid from bonfire to beehive oven.
- Bound more of the internal game math classes to the script engine.
- Removed 2 materials.
- Fixed hud rendering while using sniper scope.
- Fixed crash when assigning hotkeys.
- Fixed smelter menu to act same when double clicking fuel and recipe items.
- Fixed a server crash bug relating to saving/loading of dropped objects.
- Fixed bug where client was using the wrong mining rate to figure out what sound to play on mining attempts.
- Fixed bug where MK108 would not fire.
- Fixed bug where stats and party menu was showing up before game was fully loaded.
- Fixed bug where in 'worms mode' invalid ammo would spawn with pickaxes.
- Fixed a bug where the client could attempt to reconnect to announce server after it had already partially initialized gameplay but timed out while doing so.
- Fixed bug that preventing other players weapons sounds from playing.
- Fixed DDS loader not closing files.
- Fixed where you would fall on login as the world had not generated yet.
- Fixed a bug in x64 builds where game content was not loading.
- Fixed sending of excess mining sound to other players when a player repeatedly mines zero material due to lag.
January 9th, 0.35 is now released:
- Fixed all known bugs.
- Equipment menu has been rewritten to use tree control.
- Added 4 mining tools. Copper, Iron, Steel and HSS pickaxe.
- Added 12 weapons: SUB-2000-9, PP-2000, Glock 17, Glock 18. M249 SAW, HK 23E, AKM, RPK, HK21E, Mini-14, MP5/10, H&K G3
- Added new tab graphics and mouse over effects.
- Added new boarder control.
- Added boarders to the various inventory menus.
- Added boarders to the login menu.
- Added weapon name to the main HUD.
- Added 'Player Mining Rate' to server cfg.
- Crafting tab now starts open on inventory crafting menu.
- Tweaked round timer to say 15 minutes for people who have stayed a full round.
- Lowered semi auto weapons fire rate from 300RPM to 180RPM.
- Lowered base mining rate due to new mining tools.
- Lowered tree chop volume
- Reduced fuel capacity of bonfire and beehive oven.
- Removed 'snap to grid' from sphere editing mode, Now its usable to make nice round tunnels.
- Removed 'Weapon changed to' message.
- Mouse scrolling is now based on what window the mouse is currently over instead of what one has keyboard focus.
- Fixed a bug relating to being able to shoot after you had died.
- Fixed bug where fmod was spamming error log with invalid handle errors due to music code.
- Fixed 'Round Over' spam bug.
- Fixed item replication bug
- Fixed sphere not appearing in edit mode.
- Fixed a few other weapons fire rates.
December 19th, 0.34 is now released:
- Fixed all known bugs.
- Redid most of the GUI and HUD.
- Added GUI glass effect behind GUI.
- Added GUI glass effect to login screen.
- Added a stats page that shows player kill/deaths, NPC kill/deaths, other deaths, amount mined and time played. Stats are displayed for lifetime, round and last round.
- Added a new ammo caliber: 7.62x54mmR.
- Added machine guns: SG-43 Goryunov, Degtyaryov MG, PKM MG.
- Added sniper rifles: PSL, Dragunov SVU, Dragunov.
- Added rifles: Mosin-Nagant, Mosin Carbine, AVS-36. Now 59 Weapons total!
- Added new NPC: Boar
- Added mining stats when you exit edit mode.
- Added Tree respawn. Added kill/death and mining stats menu.
- Added radar beacon that you can turn on/off when you wish to show up on other peoples radar.
- Added usable items: Boar meat, Roast boar meat and Boar bacon.
- Added Boar hide.
- Added food/endurance/health icons next to respective bars.
- Added 'GUI Alpha Open' and 'GUI Alpha Closed' settings to Brutal Nature.cfg
- Added mouse acceleration in the GUI.
- Added following settings to Brutal Nature.cfg: 'GUI Mouse Sensitivity' by request of a user. 'Flip Vertical Mouselook' by request of a user. 'GUI Mouse Acceleration', 'GUI Mouse
- Acceleration Min', 'GUI Mouse Acceleration Max', 'GUI Mouse Acceleration Filter Time'
- Added GUI color settings to Brutal Nature.cfg.
- Added logging of events that occur to world objects.
- Added background to health bars.
- Added a slight smoothing to the camera Z position.
- Added User.IsAdmin() function to script engine by request of a user.
- Added sound for object pickup.
- Added 'Server Binding Address' setting to Server.cfg for servers with more then one network adapter.
- Added attack damage/speed settings to NPC script.
- Added a scrolling/fadein GUI effect.
- Added a divider bar between the HUD and GUI area.
- Changed login screen background.
- Compiled shaders are now saved and reuse those if available. Startup time reduced from 8 seconds to about a half second.
- Designed a new font subsystem so the GUI works better at different resolutions.
- Smoothed out normals on bear model.
- Made health bars more 3d
- Made a new icon for the game/server based on the website favicon.
- Moved NPC spawning to a script so now new enemies can be easily added.
- Moved scan/context text to new HUD window.
- Moved console say text to GUI window.
- Moved the GUI over to a render to texture setup.
- Redid the graphics for the buttons and tree controls.
- Resized radar to fit new GUI.
- Reduced bear jumping slightly by request of a user.
- Status effects are now cancelled when you die.
- Increased heat used by Hematite to Pig Iron (Reverberatory) recipe to 150% while decreasing fuel quality to 40 so bituminous coal could be used directly.
- Increased 7.62x51mm gunshot volume.
- Lowered default music volume
- Lowered fuel usage of Advanced Smelter to 0.5.
- Lowered fuel capacity of Blast Furnace and Large Blast Furnace to 25% to reflect how much was needed for a single cycle.
- Lowered marble requirements for blast furnace refining of hematite to pig iron to 25%.
- Lowered quick lime requirements for Bessemer converter pig iron to steel recipe to 25%.
- Lowered marble spawning by 1/2 and increased wolframite spawning to 150%.
- Lowered amount of abrasive needed to resharpen dull HSS tools to 50%.
- Tweaked edit box to respond better at different resolutions.
- Tweaked Shift+C to also close help menu.
- Tweaked font code to display fonts properly at other resolutions.
- Tweaked the region generation code
- Tweaked a few control positions.
- Fixed incorrect fire rate of MKA-1919
- Fixed a crash when reloading after having run out of the ammo type in your weapon.
- Fixed bug that prevented longest server frame time from displaying on stats page.
- Fixed Thompson SMG fire rate from 450RPM to 650RPM.
November 28th, 0.33 is now released:
- Fixed all known bugs.
- Added 4 new models by Vurt: Pine tree, Berry bush, Bush and mushroom. Berry bush also has an alternate texture without berries.
- Added 18 music tracks to the game written by Kevin MacLeod
- Added 2 new harvestable plants: Berry bush and mushroom.
- Added new gunshot sound effects for most weapons.
- Added new action sounds for pump action shotgun.
- Added mouseover effect on recipe ingredients in smelter menu to indicate they are clickable.
- Added volume controls to Brutal Nature.cfg
- Added individual round reloading for pump action shotgun with ability to interrupt reloading to fire.
- Added flora biomes.
- Added new sound effects for harvesting berry bushes and mushrooms.
- Added support for different shaders to be loaded depending on model export parameters.
- Rebalanced weapon costs.
- Improved audio code.
- Moved the code that spawns trees on world generation to a script.
- Fixed bug with flashlight position being one frame behind.
- Fixed bug with area editing mode.
- Fixed biomes changing improperly on chunk boarders.
- Fixed bug in ref counting class.