Currently, you can download a free to play alpha of Brutal Nature. New versions are released every 2 to 4 weeks with new features and content so check back often. For currently supported features check out our information page!
Pre-order Brutal Nature today for only $20 $10! that is 50% off the release price so get it now before it is too late!
The developer is working full time on this game. pre-orders will be used to buy art assets and fund development.
- Video: DirectX 10 capable video card with 512MB Video RAM
- Operating System Supported: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- RAM: 1GB or greater
- 300MB disk space
Current Version: 0.50
December 15th, 0.50 is now released:
- Fixed all known bugs
- Added two avatars.
- Added avatar Selection menu.
- Added run, idle and jumping animations for players.
- Added a new scripting function (gMaterials.RecipeMakes) to check if a recipe makes a certain item.
- Added new shader for displaying models in the GUI.
- Optimized the vertex upload of terrain data, game play should be much smoother as the map loads now.
- Changed flashlight effect to not illuminate so much around the player when in use.
- Changed script function that add weapons to support weapons with different conditions.
- Changed Weapons spawned in crates to have lower condition to promote making your own weapons.
- Changed Cassiterite to be darker so it would stand out more.
- Changed model loader slightly to make reusing of animations easier.
- Improved world download speeds.
- Removed shortcut in basic tools quest that checked if you had a hammer since you can now get hammers from chests instead of crafting them.
- Reduced health damage from eating uncooked boar meat and mushrooms.
- Fixed NPC's, wiring, etc from being visible past terrain viewing range as the world downloads.
- Fixed explosive weapons to use correct bounding box for animated NPC's and avatars.
- Fixed bug in recipes using bronze shapes.
- Fixed bug in recipes using 'Wood Ash'
- Fixed bug where treasure chests with nothing in them could spawn.
- Fixed bug relating to mouse not updating its center position if the user moved the window.
- Fixed bug where NPC's could appear backwards at times.
- Fixed bugs in the FBX animation export code.
November 16th, 0.49 is now released:
- Fixed all known bugs
- Added two new high quality animated models: a Boar and a Black Bear.
- Added 100% more surface kaolin deposits.
- Added tracking of crafting to stats menu.
- Added tracking of melee/projectile deaths and decided how I want to add in additional stats.
- Added armor info to the stats menu.
- Added sound when attempting to fire weapon with no ammo.
- Added Armor condition. Armor blocks less damage when below 50% condition.
- Added Melee weapon damage reduction with condition below 33%.
- Added chance of failure to fire to weapons under 33% condition. Added reduced muzzel velocity effect when projectile weapons are under 33% condition.
- Added weapons to have additional projectile spread below 30% condition, with additional spread increasing linearly from 0 at 30% up to several times the base weapon spread at 0% condition.
- Added saving/loading of gun condition on server.
- Added zinc ore Smithsonite.
- Added Cassiterite ore.
- Added metal Tin and Zinc.
- Added alloys Bronze and Brass.
- Added Bronze armor, pickaxe, knife and sword.
- Added bronze bars, plates, etc.
- Added recipes to cast and forge bronze at the basic forge.
- Added 15 character limit for user names.
- Added weapon condition that degrades with use. Default is 0.1% degrade per shot, or 1000 shots per weapon.
- Added Chrome-moly steel armor and Tool Steel armor.
- Added hammers and saws to treasure chests.
- Changed basic chemistry table to need wood instead of wood boards to reduce the difficulty to make it.
- Changed melee weapons to work underwater.
- Changed Projectiles to pass through water but with much increased drag, making projectile weapons ineffective past a few feet due to reduced damage.
- Changed category of many materials like mortar, wood boards, casting sand, etc to 'Building Material'.
- Changed category of Drill to 'Tools'.
- Changed category of Quick Lime and Calcium Hydroxide to 'Chemical'.
- Changed cartridges to need Brass to be made.
- Changed ammo types to produce a different number of cartridges per case die and table batch depending on case caliber.
- Changed the Saltpeter and Cerussite texture so that they stand out more.
- Changed npc pathing to prevent NPC's from becoming so easily stuck in things.
- Changed client to reads windows double click time setting and uses that for the GUI instead of 0.2 seconds.
- Renamed Potash to Potassium Carbonate.
- Renamed Quick Lime to Calcium Oxide.
- Reduced health regeneration to 50%
- Reduced food from berries.
- Reduced amount of Sulfur dioxide produced by 'Sulfur Dioxide from Pyrite' by 50%.
- Reduced size of pyrite veins by 50%.
- Reduced Tools required to produce guns to 50%.
- Reduced Tools consumed to produce guns to 60%.
- Removed health restore from roast meat and berries.
- Removed particle effect when mining water.
- Increased oak tree size.
- Increased the amount of thin kaolin veins near the surface.
- Increased amount of pyrite needed in 'Sulfuric Acid from Pyrite' recipe by 100%.
- Increased hammers needed to make higher end pickaxes.
- Increased tools to make Higher end receivers and barrels.
- Optimized the animation system
- Fixed underground NPC's rising to the surface.
- Fixed player model not loading the correct textures.
- Fixed revolvers not needing a barrel or receiver to be made.
- Fixed typos in 'Wrought Iron from Pig Iron' recipe.
- Fixed bug where pressing escape with the quit confirm menu open would leave the GUI in an invalid state.
- Fixed a bug where the server could run out of memory due to a ray vs voxel collision check going on forever.
- Fixed bug when logging onto a server, NPC's killed before you logged on appeared as alive.
- Fixed backward text on ammo box.
October 20th, 0.48 is now released:
- Fixed all known bugs
- Added GPU based skinning animation support to engine.
- Importer now loads FBX files with animations.
- Added new bear model with animations.
- Added spiders animations.
- Removed boar.
- Fixed range of steel knife being displayed as 0 feet.
- Fixed attack speed of melee weapons being displayed as 0 seconds.
- Fixed NPC's sliding underground after death
- Fixed NPC's getting stuck in the side of wall
September 19th, 0.47 is now released:
- Fixed all known bugs
- Added more tutorial quests.
- Added new food: Fried mushrooms.
- Added option in Brutal Nature.cfg to not use raw mouse input as it was causing problems with some touchscreen devices.
- Switched to Raknet for networking.
- Shortened tutorial intro.
- Changed some high level ores to be much rarer, especially at the surface.
- Change the client network stats menu.
- Fixed NPC's not being able to see through water.
- Fixed bug where weapon vs NPC collision was incorrect when the NPC was dead.
- Fixed NPC's getting stuck under water.
- Fixed bug causing underground NPC's to spawn at 0,0,0.
August 25th, 0.46 is now released:
- Fixed all known bugs
- Added new Spider NPC.
- Added new pickaxes: Chrome-moly steel and Tool Steel. Changed pickaxe, knife and sword recipes to use metal bars.
- Added history buffer for player packets so weapons fire could use the position of objects as it was when the weapon was fired with lag taken into account.
- Added interpolation between user updates.
- Added interpolation between NPC updates.
- Added lag compensation to NPC packets.
- Added option in cfg file for mouse cursor to restore to last known position or centered when you enter GUI mode.
- Added underground NPC spawning.
- Changed NPC's to follow the terrain better and will not climb up or walk through walls of 8 height or taller. They will also avoid very deep pits.
- Changed tool recipes start at 1.0 produced per recipe for copper instead of 0.5.
- Increased size of NPCs slightly.
- Improved NPC update code, merging multiple NPC updates in a single frame into one packet and updating NPC's based on the distance to user.
- Improved some material descriptions.
- Reduced amount of tools consumed when making other tools by about 60%
- Reduced silica glass requirement of graphite electrodes from 5 to 2.
- Fixed category setting of several items.
- Fixed bug where pressing F to open an interact menu with another menu open would cause the already open menu not to be unloaded correctly.
- Fixed bug where logging on after the server had been running for exactly 10 seconds might cause the user to not be able to see NPCs.
- Fixed Glove Liners to be under layer. Tracked down an exceptionally hard to reproduce bug.
- Fixed bug where calcium hydroxide recipe was at wrong chemistry table level preventing glass from being made.
- Fixed bug where material preview would show up in main help menu.
- Fixed bug where screen capture software was not recording the mouse cursor.