Currently, you can download a free to play alpha of Brutal Nature. New versions are released every 2 to 4 weeks with new features and content so check back often. For currently supported features check out our information page!
Pre-order Brutal Nature today for only $20 $10! that is 50% off the release price so get it now before it is too late!
The developer is working full time on this game. pre-orders will be used to buy art assets and fund development.
- Video: DirectX 10 capable video card with 512MB Video RAM
- Operating System Supported: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- RAM: 1GB or greater
- 300MB disk space
Current Version: 0.48
October 20th, 0.48 is now released:
- Fixed all known bugs
- Added GPU based skinning animation support to engine.
- Importer now loads FBX files with animations.
- Added new bear model with animations.
- Added spiders animations.
- Removed boar.
- Fixed range of steel knife being displayed as 0 feet.
- Fixed attack speed of melee weapons being displayed as 0 seconds.
- Fixed NPC's sliding underground after death
- Fixed NPC's getting stuck in the side of wall
September 19th, 0.47 is now released:
- Fixed all known bugs
- Added more tutorial quests.
- Added new food: Fried mushrooms.
- Added option in Brutal Nature.cfg to not use raw mouse input as it was causing problems with some touchscreen devices.
- Switched to Raknet for networking.
- Shortened tutorial intro.
- Changed some high level ores to be much rarer, especially at the surface.
- Change the client network stats menu.
- Fixed NPC's not being able to see through water.
- Fixed bug where weapon vs NPC collision was incorrect when the NPC was dead.
- Fixed NPC's getting stuck under water.
- Fixed bug causing underground NPC's to spawn at 0,0,0.
August 25th, 0.46 is now released:
- Fixed all known bugs
- Added new Spider NPC.
- Added new pickaxes: Chrome-moly steel and Tool Steel. Changed pickaxe, knife and sword recipes to use metal bars.
- Added history buffer for player packets so weapons fire could use the position of objects as it was when the weapon was fired with lag taken into account.
- Added interpolation between user updates.
- Added interpolation between NPC updates.
- Added lag compensation to NPC packets.
- Added option in cfg file for mouse cursor to restore to last known position or centered when you enter GUI mode.
- Added underground NPC spawning.
- Changed NPC's to follow the terrain better and will not climb up or walk through walls of 8 height or taller. They will also avoid very deep pits.
- Changed tool recipes start at 1.0 produced per recipe for copper instead of 0.5.
- Increased size of NPCs slightly.
- Improved NPC update code, merging multiple NPC updates in a single frame into one packet and updating NPC's based on the distance to user.
- Improved some material descriptions.
- Reduced amount of tools consumed when making other tools by about 60%
- Reduced silica glass requirement of graphite electrodes from 5 to 2.
- Fixed category setting of several items.
- Fixed bug where pressing F to open an interact menu with another menu open would cause the already open menu not to be unloaded correctly.
- Fixed bug where logging on after the server had been running for exactly 10 seconds might cause the user to not be able to see NPCs.
- Fixed Glove Liners to be under layer. Tracked down an exceptionally hard to reproduce bug.
- Fixed bug where calcium hydroxide recipe was at wrong chemistry table level preventing glass from being made.
- Fixed bug where material preview would show up in main help menu.
- Fixed bug where screen capture software was not recording the mouse cursor.
July 31st, 0.45 is now released:
- Fixed all known bugs
- Added a new gunsmithing system.
- Added a preview of what the material looks like on the help page for each material. Click materials names in a recipe to see it.
- Added Vanadinite, a bright red vanadium ore used for making Vanadium. Vanadium is an important metal for steel alloys.
- Added Pyrolusite, an ore of manganese for alloying steels.
- Added Molybdenite, an ore of molybdenum for alloying steels.
- Added Chromite, an ore of Chromium for alloying steels.
- Added Aluminum refining recipe from Alumina.
- Added some new coal byproduct recipes.
- Added click sound when locking onto an edge to move in advanced edit mode.
- Added scroll bar to 'Linked Text' GUI element. Changed advanced edit mode to respect grid. Lots of tweaking to the new recipes.
- Added compression to some of the initialization data.
- Added region density setting to server.cfg.
- Added support for #include in scripts.
- Added better error reporting for scripts.
- Added some more material descriptions.
- Added Pyrite to iron oxide recipes at bonfire/beehive.
- Added Pyrite to sulfur acid description.
- Changed making cases to uses up case dies, you can produce 100 cases from each case die.
- Changed Case dies to be produced from steel.
- Changed how the tree menu deals with multiple collapsed categories.
- Changed grinding recipes to produce some sand as a byproduct.
- Changed recipe names to be in a more standardized format.
- Changed Enet to enable CRC32 checks.
- Changed netcode to make use of Enet channels for lowered lag.
- Changed cursor to hardware cursor to reduce mouse lag in the GUI.
- Changed some scripts by splitting them up into more files.
- Changed silica glass to take 10x as much power and use Graphite Electrodes.
- Changed tutorial quest so that dropping a campfire now shortcuts the craft a campfire quest segment.
- Changed Sperrylite so it can also be refined to raw platinum at the electric smelter.
- Reduced weight of ceramic armor by 30%.
- Reduced coal tar output of beehive oven to 20%. Reduced capacity of beehive ovens by 50%.
- Reduced water and oleum used to turn oleum into sulfuric acid.
- Increased region density.
- Removed elemental Sodium and related recipes until it has better uses.
- Removed Wolframite and tungsten until it has better uses.
- Fixed bug when clicking category in inventory menu a recipe's info would appear.
- Fixed bug that would sometimes cause you to get flung in a random direction at low FPS or when the game stutters.
- Fixed bug where when players rejoined, players in their party would not see them on radar.
- Fixed bug where packet loss value reported was incorrect.
- Fixed bug where in dynamic edit mode, sometimes not all chunks were properly updated.
- Fixed bug where when user is interacting with smelter and gets a request to trade, after accepting his window closes and trade fails.
- Fixed bug where AddProduct was called by script with non existent item, user would get an item with no name.
- Fixed bug where recipes were requiring 'required' materials in addition to 'input' materials when required materials where intended to count towards the input.
- Fixed bug when changing from sphere to square editing mode, sometimes square editing mode did not work properly.
July 11th, 0.44 is now released:
- Fixed all known bugs
- Added new way to edit terrain: Create a cube then push/pull its faces, edges and vertices to edit on arbitrary angles.
- Added many chemistry recipes.
- Added high pressure chamber for making ammonia, and electrolytic cell for making sodium hydroxide, hydrogen, etc.
- Added basic, advanced and electric chemistry table. Split the chemistry recipes up into tiers for the different tables.
- Added terrain Chalcopyrite, a gold colored copper/iron sulfide ore.
- Added terrain Sperrylite, a black and gold colored platinum ore found in Chalcophrite. Platinum is a very important catalyst for many chemical reactions.
- Added terrain Pyrite: a gold colored iron sulfide ore, otherwise known as fools gold, it is vital to early production of sulfuric acid.
- Added terrain Sal Ammoniac. A light brown crystal that is a source of ammonium chloride.
- Added platinum refining recipes.
- Added culling to far off wires.
- Added crafting completion sound when doing inventory crafting.
- Added sediment on ocean floor to obscure ores that are found there.
- Added info when you select a fuel in the smelter menu.
- Added server refresh button.
- Added recipe power requirements to recipe info.
- Added line wrap to recipe descriptions.
- Added filter for server names.
- Added brick oven object.
- Added brick oven model.
- Added kiln for cooking bricks. Added kiln model.
- Added bloomery model for basic smelter.
- Added glass shader and some basic transparency support for models in BN's engine.
- Increased ammo recipe size by 500%.
- Increased max power consumption of electric smelter to 20KW.
- Increased power consumption of most electric smelter recipes by 500%.
- Changed the brightness and contrast of Saltpeter to make it stand out more.
- Changed camp fire light use fuel to run.
- Changed MK108 firing sound to be much louder.
- Changed sizes and position of elements in smelter menu slightly.
- Changed 20KW generator to 50KW generator.
- Changed sunlight to fade out to 0 at 300 feet below sea level.
- Fixed bug where turning off wiring mode while placing a wire results in you being in wire placement mode when you enable it again.
- Fixed bug where when placing a wire that joints another wire, it left you in the mode to place more segments even though you can't connect 3 wires together without a junction box.
- Fixed being attacked by NPCs while game is still loading.
- Fixed falling into the void when traveling into unloaded areas of the map.
- Fixed minor bug with scroll bar on tree list menu.
- Fixed recipes with long names overflowing the recipe menu for the smelter.
- Fixed text scrolling off the side of window when you are typing a long chat message.
- Fixed 'limit recipe quantity if smelter can't handle the power' function to prevent reducing integral recipes to fractions, hence consuming materials but not producing outputs.
- Fixed bug where required items in a recipe where not being properly held by the smelter.
- Fixed sorting order of building crafting categories to be sorted by tech level of building instead of alphabetically.
- Fixed server tray icon not disappearing when server shuts down due to error.
- Fixed bug where objects and players did not always respond properly to lighting.
- Fixed bug where quest voice volume setting was not working without restarting the game.
- Fixed bug that caused small patches of Cerussite ore to appear in the tunnels.
- Fixed bug where the scroll bar was not tracking the keyboard selection properly in the tree list menu.
- Fixed bug where MK108 could not be crafted because electric forge was limited to 5KW.
- Fixed bug where belt fed weapons with no ammo remaining would crash the client.
- Fixed bug with electric smelters not drawing the correct amount of power.