Currently, you can download a free to play alpha of Brutal Nature. New versions are released every 2 to 4 weeks with new features and content so check back often. For currently supported features check out our information page!
Pre-order Brutal Nature today for only $20 $10! that is 50% off the release price so get it now before it is too late!
The developer is working full time on this game. pre-orders will be used to buy art assets and fund development.
- Video: DirectX 10 capable video card with 512MB Video RAM
- Operating System Supported: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- RAM: 1GB or greater
- 300MB disk space
Current Version: 0.50
January 4th, 0.51 is now released:
- Fixed all known bugs
- Added new shader for the NPC's. Now they are lit much better.
- Added Subtitles to quests
- Added account menu. Accounts can now be registered to a key and the status of accounts (paid/free) is passed to the server.
- Added menu item in account menu to change account password.
- Added menu item in account menu register E-mail addresses to an account for password recovery when that feature is added. Note that registering an e-mail account is optional and will only be used for password recovery.
- Added menu item in account menu to see your total play time across all online servers.
- Added option to display ping next to FPS.
- Added paste form clipboard support to console/chat window.
- Added paste option to all edit boxes by pressing ctrl+v.
- Added ability for certain avatars to be restricted to pre-order only accounts.
- Added better handling of users attempting to open empty treasure chests.
- Added Mouse wheel filter option to config file.
- Increased max condition of weapons in treasure chests from 40% to 60%.
- Increased rarity of Smithsonite and Cerussite ores.
- Optimised client side collision function slightly.
- Optimized world loading slightly.
- Fixed bug that could spawn empty treasure chests.
- Fixed Projectile vs player collision to take into account animation.
- Fixed duplicate Ash from wood recipe in bonfire.
- Fixed bug where player could be seen at the location he died for a single frame when he respawned.
- Fixed bug where interact with players was not taking into account animation.
- Fixed bug where unequipped armors still gave you armor bonuses.
- Fixed bug in instanced object shader not taking into account world shadow.
- Fixed bug caused by optimizations in the last version, bug would sometimes cause random severe slow downs while the world is loading.
- Fixed bug in edit box not allowing '-' after the 1st character.
December 15th, 0.50 is now released:
- Fixed all known bugs
- Added two avatars.
- Added avatar Selection menu.
- Added run, idle and jumping animations for players.
- Added a new scripting function (gMaterials.RecipeMakes) to check if a recipe makes a certain item.
- Added new shader for displaying models in the GUI.
- Optimized the vertex upload of terrain data, game play should be much smoother as the map loads now.
- Changed flashlight effect to not illuminate so much around the player when in use.
- Changed script function that add weapons to support weapons with different conditions.
- Changed Weapons spawned in crates to have lower condition to promote making your own weapons.
- Changed Cassiterite to be darker so it would stand out more.
- Changed model loader slightly to make reusing of animations easier.
- Improved world download speeds.
- Removed shortcut in basic tools quest that checked if you had a hammer since you can now get hammers from chests instead of crafting them.
- Reduced health damage from eating uncooked boar meat and mushrooms.
- Fixed NPC's, wiring, etc from being visible past terrain viewing range as the world downloads.
- Fixed explosive weapons to use correct bounding box for animated NPC's and avatars.
- Fixed bug in recipes using bronze shapes.
- Fixed bug in recipes using 'Wood Ash'
- Fixed bug where treasure chests with nothing in them could spawn.
- Fixed bug relating to mouse not updating its center position if the user moved the window.
- Fixed bug where NPC's could appear backwards at times.
- Fixed bugs in the FBX animation export code.
November 16th, 0.49 is now released:
- Fixed all known bugs
- Added two new high quality animated models: a Boar and a Black Bear.
- Added 100% more surface kaolin deposits.
- Added tracking of crafting to stats menu.
- Added tracking of melee/projectile deaths and decided how I want to add in additional stats.
- Added armor info to the stats menu.
- Added sound when attempting to fire weapon with no ammo.
- Added Armor condition. Armor blocks less damage when below 50% condition.
- Added Melee weapon damage reduction with condition below 33%.
- Added chance of failure to fire to weapons under 33% condition. Added reduced muzzel velocity effect when projectile weapons are under 33% condition.
- Added weapons to have additional projectile spread below 30% condition, with additional spread increasing linearly from 0 at 30% up to several times the base weapon spread at 0% condition.
- Added saving/loading of gun condition on server.
- Added zinc ore Smithsonite.
- Added Cassiterite ore.
- Added metal Tin and Zinc.
- Added alloys Bronze and Brass.
- Added Bronze armor, pickaxe, knife and sword.
- Added bronze bars, plates, etc.
- Added recipes to cast and forge bronze at the basic forge.
- Added 15 character limit for user names.
- Added weapon condition that degrades with use. Default is 0.1% degrade per shot, or 1000 shots per weapon.
- Added Chrome-moly steel armor and Tool Steel armor.
- Added hammers and saws to treasure chests.
- Changed basic chemistry table to need wood instead of wood boards to reduce the difficulty to make it.
- Changed melee weapons to work underwater.
- Changed Projectiles to pass through water but with much increased drag, making projectile weapons ineffective past a few feet due to reduced damage.
- Changed category of many materials like mortar, wood boards, casting sand, etc to 'Building Material'.
- Changed category of Drill to 'Tools'.
- Changed category of Quick Lime and Calcium Hydroxide to 'Chemical'.
- Changed cartridges to need Brass to be made.
- Changed ammo types to produce a different number of cartridges per case die and table batch depending on case caliber.
- Changed the Saltpeter and Cerussite texture so that they stand out more.
- Changed npc pathing to prevent NPC's from becoming so easily stuck in things.
- Changed client to reads windows double click time setting and uses that for the GUI instead of 0.2 seconds.
- Renamed Potash to Potassium Carbonate.
- Renamed Quick Lime to Calcium Oxide.
- Reduced health regeneration to 50%
- Reduced food from berries.
- Reduced amount of Sulfur dioxide produced by 'Sulfur Dioxide from Pyrite' by 50%.
- Reduced size of pyrite veins by 50%.
- Reduced Tools required to produce guns to 50%.
- Reduced Tools consumed to produce guns to 60%.
- Removed health restore from roast meat and berries.
- Removed particle effect when mining water.
- Increased oak tree size.
- Increased the amount of thin kaolin veins near the surface.
- Increased amount of pyrite needed in 'Sulfuric Acid from Pyrite' recipe by 100%.
- Increased hammers needed to make higher end pickaxes.
- Increased tools to make Higher end receivers and barrels.
- Optimized the animation system
- Fixed underground NPC's rising to the surface.
- Fixed player model not loading the correct textures.
- Fixed revolvers not needing a barrel or receiver to be made.
- Fixed typos in 'Wrought Iron from Pig Iron' recipe.
- Fixed bug where pressing escape with the quit confirm menu open would leave the GUI in an invalid state.
- Fixed a bug where the server could run out of memory due to a ray vs voxel collision check going on forever.
- Fixed bug when logging onto a server, NPC's killed before you logged on appeared as alive.
- Fixed backward text on ammo box.
October 20th, 0.48 is now released:
- Fixed all known bugs
- Added GPU based skinning animation support to engine.
- Importer now loads FBX files with animations.
- Added new bear model with animations.
- Added spiders animations.
- Removed boar.
- Fixed range of steel knife being displayed as 0 feet.
- Fixed attack speed of melee weapons being displayed as 0 seconds.
- Fixed NPC's sliding underground after death
- Fixed NPC's getting stuck in the side of wall
September 19th, 0.47 is now released:
- Fixed all known bugs
- Added more tutorial quests.
- Added new food: Fried mushrooms.
- Added option in Brutal Nature.cfg to not use raw mouse input as it was causing problems with some touchscreen devices.
- Switched to Raknet for networking.
- Shortened tutorial intro.
- Changed some high level ores to be much rarer, especially at the surface.
- Change the client network stats menu.
- Fixed NPC's not being able to see through water.
- Fixed bug where weapon vs NPC collision was incorrect when the NPC was dead.
- Fixed NPC's getting stuck under water.
- Fixed bug causing underground NPC's to spawn at 0,0,0.