Nature is brutal, but can you survive the Brutal Nature of man?
Brutal Nature is a multiplayer 3d survival PC game where everything in the game can be crafted and destroyed. Life in Brutal Nature is about survival in the wilderness on an island by gathering resources for crafting, building structures, hunting and being hunted. For a list of currently supported features check out our information page.
The Landscape is a smooth voxel terrain that you can mine for resources, place to build free form structures, destroy with weapons and blow up with explosives! Build towers miles tall and mine far into the depths of the earth aided by a crafting system with over 900 recipes to make everything you need to survive and prosper.
Realism will be strived for but not allowed to stand in the way of fun. Game play will be tunable from highly realistic to arcade style fun by an easy to use modding system.
Inspired by Fallout, Terraria and Dwarf Fortress, We wish to bring you a game with complex depth and exciting combat in a modern age realistic world. We heavily support modding and have made the game exceptionally easy to mod. All vanilla content is essentially a mod that can be removed, edited or replaced.
Brutal Nature is free to play while in alpha but development is supported entirely by pre-orders, get your copy today for 50% off release price!
We have been Greenlit on Steam Greenlight! Thank you for your support!
Daily development blog:
650+ days without a missed day.
2015 April 24th
More work on the new building mode.
2015 April 23rd
Started work on the new building mode.
2015 April 22nd
Fixed bug where server would refuse to start due to uninitialized variable.
2015 April 21st
Wrote the IndieDB/Desura release news for BN.
2015 April 20th
Packed up and released another version of Brutal Nature!
2015 April 20th, Brutal Nature 0.55 is now released:
- Fixed all known bugs
- Added quest skip functionality.
- Added glass requirement to scoped rifles.
- Added plant fiber to bed recipe.
- Added mining level to material info.
- Added Composite bow.
- Adding a help menu for NPCs.
- Added requirement for Copper Wire when placing wiring in wire mode. Default is 1 copper wire per 10 feet.
- Changed item notifications to display a total count in inventory for received items.
- Changed default recipe time to 1 minute.
- Changed 5 minute recipes to 3 minutes.
- Changed how quest callback functions work to make them easier to use.
- Extended script function Player::GetInventoryQuanity to handle weapons and armor.
- Improved Server GUI. Server menu is now responsive during map generation and displays map generation progress.
- Recorded new audio for Basic Tools quest.
- Recorded new audio for Basic Crafting quest.
- Removed None Case die.
- Fixed periodic callbacks not being cleared on quest finish/skip.
- Fixed bug where game would say you died from starvation when you died from eating bad food.
- Fixed game not running with unicode characters in path.
- Fixed quest callbacks to be cleaned up when a quest finishes.
2015 April 19th
Some more play testing and work on the tutorial.
2015 April 18th
Recorded new audio for Basic Tools quest.
2015 April 17th
Fixed periodic callbacks not being cleared on quest finish/skip.
2015 April 16th
More play testing and bug fixes.
2015 April 15th
More fixing bugs with the quest skip system.
2015 April 14th
Did play testing.
Fixed a few bugs with the quest skip system.
2015 April 13th
Default recipe time changed to 1 minute. Reduced 5 minute recipes down to 3 minutes.
2015 April 12th
Finished up quest skip functionality.
2015 April 11th
Still working on skip quest.
Quest callbacks are now cleaned up when a quest finishes.
2015 April 10th
More work on the Skip quest function.
2015 April 9th
Started work adding a Quest Skip button for tutorials.
2015 April 8th
Did some play testing.
Adding a help menu for NPCs.
2015 April 7th
Added glass requirement to scoped rifles.
Fixed bug where game would say you died from starvation when you died from eating bad food.
2015 April 6th
Still more work on the tutorial quest.
2015 April 5th
More work on the tutorial quest.